About Lights Out Cleveland:
Lights Out Cleveland is a group of local partnering organizations working together to create awareness about the effects brightly lit buildings have on nocturnally migrating birds. Through this awareness we will create change and save migrating birds’ lives.
Title: Monitoring and Collection Volunteer
Location: Downtown Cleveland, Ohio
Hours: 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m., March 15 – June 1 and/or August 15 – November 1. Opportunities are available seven days per week. Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of one shift per week per session
Reports to: Lake Erie Nature & Science Center Wildlife Rehabilitation Specialist
Summary: The Monitoring and Collection Volunteer is responsible for monitoring specific areas throughout Downtown Cleveland, collecting/transporting both living and dead birds, and recording data.
- Arrive to the meeting location on time.
- Walk the predetermined route(s) and monitor the area for dead or injured birds.
- Collect dead or injured birds, per program procedures.
- Record required data.
- Transport dead or injured birds to predetermined locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- At this time, volunteers are responsible for paying for their own parking fees, if applicable.
- Must be able to walk continuously during each shift. Frequent bending, squatting, grasping, and reaching required.
- Must follow all Lights Out Cleveland volunteer policies and procedures.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out THIS FORM with your contact information and availability. For more details please contact Hannah Illencik, the Lights Out Cleveland Volunteer Coordinator at LightsOutCLEvolunteer@gmail.com